Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Bookshelf


I actually started reading this back last week
 ( started it around Tuesday )
 and I am almost finished it. 
It's another Nicholas Sparks' great novels. This is his latest addition to his ever growing best selling books!

Here's a quick rundown of the pilot.
U.S. Marine Logan Thibault finds an old photograph of a woman half-buried in the dirt when his was on tour in Iraq. For some odd reason he decides to put it in his pocket & take it back to camp - thinking he will post it up & someone, sometime is bound to recongize it & claim it. But - go figure - no one does! Thibault finds himself carrying it in his pocket everywhere, where it becomes a good luck charm for the marine, winning poker games & even surving deadly combats that kill his closest buddies. His best friend, Victor seems to think the photo is the reason for his good fortune!
Back home, Thibault decides to set out on a quest to find the woman in the photo. He believes she holds the "key to his destiny". 

I won't say anymore! I always read reviews on the WeRead applicationon Facebook before I read a novel. I don't know why, I guess on some level if all the reviews say the book was waste I probably wouldn't read it! Anyway, this one however, as you can tell, had RAVE reviews! Everyone commented on how it took them just under a few days to read the book because they couldn't put it down. And they were right. I started reading this book on a Tuesday, while I was visiting my mom with my kids. I think I started reading it just after lunch, about the time the kids sat down for a marathan of those baby cartoons on the TreeHouse Network, the ones I can't stand to watch. I read half the book in that afternoon. While I have been dying to finish the book & see what the outcome it, I just haven't had the time. Here's to hoping I can't get it finished up within the next few days!

In true Sparks novel fashion, this novel is filled with romance, and suspense.
" and unforgettabel story about the surprising pathes our lives often take and the power of fate to guide us to true and everlasting love"

A few fun facts about The Lucky One

-Zeus ( Thibault's Dog ) was modeled after one of the author's actual dogs?
-Nicholas had to do MORE research for this piece than any other novel!
-The setting is completely fictitous!
-This was the first novel Nicholas wrote in the limited third-person omniscient perspective.

***** The Lucky One is listed on The Nicholas Sparks Offical Website as a MOVIE in production right now! *****


No comments:

Post a Comment